Saturday, September 26, 2015

A Walk (in the park)


Chalk drawings on sidewalks stamped “1912”.
Piano lessons vibrate
through old window panes in a white house.
At the park I walk across the crab grass population
that has arisen in the baseball diamond.
A little league football team is far out on the grass sea
sitting in a circle
like sprouted mushrooms in their round, white helmets.

The trees are afire with the dying light of day; God's slow fireworks, evidence of the end.
The bathroom beckons, a lonely shed for waste, waiting.
Its iron door creaks as I open it.
Soon I stand pissing, having done so only five minutes before at my apartment.
I curse God for my small bladder,
then apologize in case he or she is real.

In the corner of the field
is a pile of wood chips.
The trees tremble at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment